Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Sean sleeps.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 470 Read: 746

Published: 08 Aug 2009 Updated: 08 Aug 2009

You're sleeping again. All but ran to bed after our post-fuck shower, your third today. I'm counting. Only this time I joined you there; followed your footprints to bed but, unlike you, I can't sleep. I did tonight, after all...

What happened at that party, Sean? I've seen you wasted before - welcomed your cigarette breath inside my mouth; enveloped your cold, sweating body in the cradle of my gratitude. You come back bewildered and exhausted but always, always comfortable against my skin, near-purring with relief to be home again.

I wish I could take you from the city. Lock you in a travel-box and take you to the country; build a nest for us in the great outdoors, where the city's siren song can't reach your ears.

You and me, Sean. You and me and a night sky that's so crowded with stars you can barely make out the darkness, an air so crisp it nearly chokes you. I'd take you out for a walk and let you run loose on fields of wheat and daisies; and I'd sleep peacefully at night, certain of your return by dawn. If you'd let me, Sean, if only you would, your night-time escapades would always bring you peace.

Looking at you now, blankets wrapped tight around you, your grip on the pillow so fierce you'd think that it's the only thing keeping you afloat, I know you never will. I look at you and I see a wild, independent critter, too proud for me to tame. And it's like a deadly blow, this sudden knowledge. Taste of ashes in my mouth, replacing the taste of you. Because this time, you didn't curl up inside me. This time, you didn't smile, didn't nudge me into making quiet love to you. This time you drove me on and pulled me in like you wanted me to scare something out of you; until I could see nothing in your eyes but my own reflection.

Not necessarily bad, pet; but if you wanted me to mark you then why the rush to be underwater again? Why the haste for bed, the choice of pillow and blankets to cuddle and cover you instead of me?

I want to tear away those damned covers and replace them with my body. Squeeze you and crush you until you become a tiny little thing, a precious trinket that I can swallow and keep, safe inside me forever. But I'm afraid to wake you, so I don't. I don't touch you, though my fingers ghost down your back like Vestal moths, craving yet reluctant.

It'll be okay, pet. Whatever it is, I can make it better; whatever it is, I can take it away, as long as you keep coming back to me. Just don't stop coming home to me.

Please...