Summary: Sean is transported to Middle Earth and gets some attention for his beauty and strange manners.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes

Word count: 24056 Read: 2630

Published: 29 Jul 2009 Updated: 29 Jul 2009

"Stupid, fucking computer!" Sean pushed away from his desk in frustration. All he'd wanted to do was surf the Internet for a few hours. While they had been filming TROY together, Orlando had mentioned several well-put-together LOTR sites he'd come across, and had written down a few web addresses. He'd emailed the addresses to Sean months ago, but it was only tonight, while Sean was sitting at home alone, slightly drunk and lonely, that he'd attempted to have a look. And now, the computer had frozen up. It never failed...

Swallowing his rage, Sean took a deep breath and sat back down at the computer desk. He hit the 'reset' button and ran a hand over his eyes, trying to settle down long enough for the computer to restart.

"Can't just one fucking thing go right today?" he asked. There was no one there to answer.

A small, black ball of fur scampered over to his leg, buried deep claws into the legs of his green sweats, and began laboriously to climb into Sean's lap.

Sean smiled. "Hey, Argos!" he whispered, bringing the small kitten up to his lips. Argos purred with pleasure and Sean buried his nose in the soft fur. "At least things are right with you, eh mate?"

Argos looked adoringly at Sean's smile, dug his claws into his arm, turned around twice, gave a soft "meow" and settled into the crook of Sean's elbow, apparently exhausted from his morning snuggle.


Sean had been lonely for a few weeks now. His third (and last, he was convinced) wife had moved out two months ago. While all the members of the fellowship had remained close, it was mainly via phone and email, and their schedules did not permit them to socialize as much as they would have liked. Only Orlando, known as 'Orli' to his friends, had seen the damage the breakup of his marriage had caused him, and had understood."

Orli - so sensitive, so beautiful. Always worrying about other people, never giving himself a second thought. Orli had spent an entire weekend hunting for the perfect gift for Sean. He'd browsed the malls, the Internet, even found himself calling Viggo for ideas. "I'm telling you, he needs *something*, Vig."

"How about a dog?" Viggo sighed. He had so many canvases to paint, books to read, scripts to study.....but Orli could not be dissuaded when he set his mind to something. He knew from experience that hurrying off the phone when Orli had an idea or problem would result in absolutely *nothing* but a dozen more calls before the end of the day, and twice as many tomorrow.

"No. I don't think a dog would work. As much as he's been working lately, he'd have to worry about walking him or something."

"A ferret?"

"Same problem. Too much work for someone as busy."

"A python?" Viggo grinned.

"No, I think they require just the right amount of sunlight and stuff...."

"God, Orli. I was only kidding. Get a grip."

"Oh."

Viggo rolled his eyes, trying desperately not to look at the canvas that was ready and awaiting his touch.

"A cat?"

"No, I think....wait. A cat? A cat." He said the word over and over, trying to see how it sounded on his lips. /A cat. Hi. I'm Sean. This is my cat./ Yeah, he could see Sean saying that.

"That might work, Vig. I'll go find one."

"Thank God, Orli."

"Huh?"

"Never mind."

Viggo smiled, shaking his head, and finally made it to his canvas.

Orli hung up the phone, trying to remember where the closest pet store was. He hurried to his car and headed that way.

Once inside the store, he took one look around, and spotted Sean's cat. It had long black fur and a silver colored dot right on its forehead. Coincidentally, the kitten was in a small cage, with eight other kittens. "There - that's Aragorn, and there's Frodo!" He laughed as the dark eyed 'kitten in charge' started to defend the smallest kitten - one with short brown hair and the bluest eyes he'd ever seen - from the other playful litter-mates. An older gray kitten looked disdainfully at the pair, and a small brown one kept crawling around and knocking things over. "Gandalf! Pippin!" Orli was having a grand time watching the animals. The patrons of the pet shop looked at the handsome young man from the corners of their eyes, but left him standing there, taking to himself and laughing.

Half an hour later, Orlando paid for the kitten and delivered it to Sean's doorstep. He'd tied a large red bow around the cat's neck, and rang the bell several times before a sleepy-looking Sean opened the door, wearing only a t-shirt and boxers.

"What the hell?" Sean eyed the kitten wearily.

"For you."

"I repeat - What the hell???"

Orli stepped inside, not waiting for an invitation. Who needed invitations between friends?

"Here, mate, this is for you....His name is Argos." Orli smiled, handing his gift over to Sean.

"I don't want a cat."

"It's not a cat. It's a kitten,' Orlando answered matter of factly. "I named it Argos, after Odysseus' blind dog in..."

"I know who the hell Argos is! I played the part of Odysseus! Do you think I didn't research the fucking role?"

Orli simply smiled and thrust the kitten closer to Sean. Sean rolled his eyes and backed away.

"Who pissed in your Cheerios, Sean?"

Sean simply growled.

Orli realized this was not going to be easy. He lifted the cat to Sean's shirt, allowing it to grab on with tiny, sharp claws, digging in through Sean's shirt, into his very skin. Orli let go, and the kitten didn't move.

The kitten looked up at Sean, meowing softly, and Sean was lost. Gently, he took a hand and cradled his new pet close to him. He buried his nose in the soft fur and kissed the top of the kitten's head, just between his ears.

"Orli. Thanks, mate." He smiled.

"Hey - no problem. Come and help me unload the cat-stuff from my car. I got you some food, litter, toys.....all the stuff the pet store said you'd need."

"But....it's cold. Argos will get cold if we go out there."

"Um.....you could put him down."

Sean looked up at Orli like he'd lost his mind. "Put him down? Why would I do that?"

Orli sighed, and went to unload the car on his own. Sean and Argos had been inseparable ever since.

---

Sean finally tore his eyes from the purring form in his arms, his heart already feeling less black. The computer had rebooted, and now awaited his command.

Sean typed in "Lord of The Rings", deciding to use the search engines instead of Orli's addresses. He heard a deep roll of thunder as he hit the 'search' button. Argos opened one eye, letting Sean know that he'd heard the noise, and did not appreciate being woken up. Sean kissed the top of the kitten's head and looked back at the monitor.

The first site that came up had pages and pages of LOTR articles. Sean read everything with amusement, not hearing the storm picking up speed outside.

After looking around the first site, he went back to the search engine and entered the same search parameters again, amazed at how many different LOTR sites were on the web. He scrolled halfway down the page, and picked a site at random. "Enter Middle Earth" were the first words he saw. He clicked to enter just as a long, white bolt of lightening hit his house. The surge went through his computer, up his arm, and he saw a blur of foggy white shadows. Idly, he thought they looked like the Nazgul, as they looked when they stabbed Frodo on Weathertop, then he thought no more.

---

Sean awoke many hours later. He didn't open his eyes at first. He smelled the fresh scent of pine and elm trees. He heard birds and squirrels and what must have been an owl. His hands lay at his sides, curled into some moist dirt and leaves. Slowly, he opened his eyes. As he looked up, he saw only clear sky and the tops of trees.

"What the hell?"

As usual, no one answered. He tried to sit up. A blinding pain in his head caused him to fall back to the ground, grabbing his temples with his dirty hands. Then he blacked out again.

---

Sean was still unconscious when a solider lifted his limp body up to the waiting arms of a dark haired man on a chestnut steed. The man carefully gathered Sean close to his body, and headed back to the city with his escorts.

A soldier picked up Argos, carrying him by the scruff of the neck, and followed the rest of the guards back toward Gondor.

---

When he next awoke, Sean's head didn't hurt as much. He looked around, not daring to move quickly, and heard a soft voice whisper, "Get the king and the prince! He's awake!"

Sean tried to speak, but could do nothing more than lie there, looking around him. /This looks like the set of Gondor/ A soft hand reached out to stroke his forehead. He jumped, startled that someone could have snuck up on him so quietly.

"It is alright, my friend. Just relax." That voice....he'd recognize that melodious voice anywhere.

"Orli? Where am I?"

"Orli? What is an Orli, my friend?"

Then a dark haired man with blue/gray eyes stepped into his line of vision. He wore a kindly smile and compassion radiated out from his eyes. He studied Sean's face closely, and Sean was startled to see tears form in the blue/gray orbs. "Vig? What's the matter, mate?"

The man looked at his friend, who still had his hand on Sean's forehead.

Sean looked between the two men. Despite the pain, he started to rise. The soft hand that had stroked his forehead moved to his chest, wielding much more power and strength than Sean thought possible. He felt his body being slowly pressed back into the pillows.

"Orli? Vig? What the fuck is happening here? Let me up!"

He struggled against the pain and the pale hand, and finally managed to sit upright. Neither of the other men spoke.

"Vig? What's wrong with you two?"

He noticed a very Gondorian-like circlet of gold and silver encircling the blue/gray eyed man's head. He chuckled. "Taking this king thing a little too far, aren't you, Vig?"

"Vig? Vig is a person, then?"

"Orli, what's Vig got goin' on over here?"

That was when he noticed that Orli was dressed in his Elf costume and wig. "Did I miss something? Did I get drunk and forget we were supposed to shoot a few scenes or something?"

The Elf looked uncertainly at him from under long lashes.

"But the movies are already out! Are we doing another one or something? Orli?"

"I am Legolas, my friend. What is it they call you?"

"Shit, Orli! Stop talking like that wretched Elf!"

At these words, the Elf's face lit up. "Ah, you know of Elves then! Splendid! But....your name is ShitOrli?"

Sean looked at the Elf and shook his head. "Not funny, you asshole. What are you two half-wits up to?"

"We found you in the woods outside of Gondor. You had a small creature with you. Possibly a baby warg? The Rangers captured it and told us of their find. We had the soldiers bring you here.

"And, where, pray tell, is here?"

"The Houses of Healing. You are safe."

"Oh. The Houses of Healing. Right......"

Realizing he would get no farther with Orli....er, Legolas,.....he turned to the other man. Before any words were out, he looked closely at him. /My God, he's beautiful. Always beautiful, but never more so than when he's dressed as Aragorn/

Sean rose from the bed. There was not much pain, just a few sore muscles and a slight headache. He'd suffered far worse. He stood, walking closer to the dark haired man.

The blue/gray eyes took in Sean's face as he came closer. He'd stared at this face, as it lay unconscious for hours. So much like Boromir. His beautiful Boromir. His brother, his steward, his friend. Aragorn had tried to use his healing touch to bring Boromir back to him, if only for a moment, but Boromir's injuries were too deep, too lethal. /Those green eyes. That's what hurts. It's the eyes. This man's hair is shorter, but he has Boromir's eyes, and his smile...Oh by the Valar, that stunning smile/

He shook his head and put his hand on Sean's shoulder. "I am Aragorn, King Elessar, King of Gondor."

Sean rolled his eyes again. "Right....you're the king. And I'm fucking Boromir...."

With these words, an unspeakable rage overtook Aragorn's mind. Legolas quickly rose and stood between the two men.

"Never will you speak of Boromir!" the king growled. "He was a noble and valiant man, and your words offer him no respect!"

Sean backed away from the wrath in the normally soft and kind voice. He was startled to see the 'king' wrap his hand around the hilt of the sword that hung from his belt.

Legolas spoke softly to Aragorn, in a language Sean didn't understand. "Is that Elvish? You remembered all your Elvish, Orli?"

"His name is Legolas! Call him by his proper name! He deserves respect as well! If not for him, the world might be in shadow! Do you not understand this???"

"Havo dad, Aragorn," (Sit down) Legolas gestured to the chairs near the bed.

Eyes still flashing, Aragorn sat on a chair near the fire, his eyes never leaving Sean's.

"Bloody Hell! Stop this already! You got me, ok! Now, Orli, take those fucking ears off!" He reached over and pulled on the tip of the Elf's sensitive ear. Immediately, Legolas fell to his knees in pain, and Aragorn jumped to his feet, pulling his sword out in one smooth stroke. The blade was resting on Sean's throat less than a heartbeat later.

"One chance. You have one chance to let him go, or I will spill your blood in the very room you stand." Aragorn hissed his words, anger rising in his clear eyes.

Dumbfounded, Sean let go of the Elven ears that hadn't given way beneath his rough fingers. He looked around him in confusion. Aragorn did not lower his sword, and Legolas stayed on the floor, clutching his ear. Without moving the blade from Sean's throat, Aragorn put an arm around the Elf and gently helped him to stand.

Both men stood, glaring at Sean, as he sank back onto the bed.

---

Aragorn and Legolas sat quietly in the king's chambers, discussing the man who lay back in the tower. When the healer had released him from the Houses of Healing, he had been told he was free to pick any unoccupied room in the tower. He had chosen the room that had been Boromir's as a child. Aragorn clenched his jaw, but had said nothing.

"We must tell Faramir. I shall send a rider to Ithilien at once." Legolas started to rise.

"Nay. Not yet, my friend. There is nothing to tell. This man cannot possibly be Boromir. His clothing, his speech, his actions. Boromir would have been too much in awe of your beauty to ever touch your ears, not to mention pull on them as that man did." Legolas' hand strayed up to his ear, which was now bruised and sore. He slowly sat back down.

"Do you think Boromir was not really dead? I mean, when we put his body on the...."

"Nay. He was dead. I know it to be true. He died in my arms, and I saw the last breath leave his body. I wish it were not so, but he is dead." Aragorn could not stop the catch in his voice. The words hurt him to his very core.

Legolas stood silently and went to sit beside the king, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him close. Aragorn collapsed onto the slender Elven chest and sobbed. The Elf caressed the king's hair, and murmured soothing endearments to him. Aragorn wrapped his arms around Legolas so hard, the Elf could barely breathe. But he sat there quietly, feeling his friend's pain.

"Did you....." the Elf began. "Did you ever tell Boromir of your feelings?"

"Nay. There was not time. If only I had another day, another moment!" Aragorn shook his head sadly. "I thought that I could tell him in Rivendell. When I first saw him, he was staring at the mural of Isildur. My heart nearly broke at his beauty. I would have talked with him then. I would have said anything, just to keep him near me. But he picked up the Shards....and cut his finger. Before I could speak, he looked upon me with scorn and left. I wished to go after him, but then Arwen came." Aragorn halted for a moment, trying to regain his breath.

Legolas waited to hear the rest of the king's story. Though he and Aragorn had been as close as brothers for many years, he had never had the heart to ask Aragorn about his feelings toward Boromir. On the quest, his Elven senses told him that Aragorn cared for the son of Denethor, but time was so precious, and it had never seemed the right time to ask for details. Then, Boromir had died, and the fellowship had been broken. He traveled many miles with Aragorn, sensing his misery, but also sensing that Aragorn would be unwilling to confide in him with the Dwarf close by.

When the ring had been destroyed, Legolas had returned to Gondor with Aragorn, and watched proudly as he was crowned king, and married his beloved Arwen. Legolas served as council for the king, unwilling to leave his side even to journey to the mines and forests with Gimli.

Aragorn found himself alone as Arwen was called outside of the city more and more often, and his own duties bade him to visit the outer realms of Gondor. He had turned to Legolas for comfort and companionship during those times.

Legolas had found himself caring deeply for Aragorn, and was careful to provide everything he should need, without displacing Arwen. He was an available ear to talk to, a strong shoulder to cry on, a warm lover to hold. And he never, ever wanted to give up his position by the king's side.

But, earlier today, Legolas knew without a doubt that Aragorn's feelings and memories of Boromir would resurface. The soldiers had ridden ahead, leaving the king and his Elven friend alone in the woods. They had headed toward a small stream to replenish their water skins, when they heard one of the soldiers shout. Quickly, they remounted their steeds and rode toward the source of the noise. That was where they found the handsome young man, the man who looked so much like Boromir, lying unconscious on the forest floor.

In the year since Boromir's death, and the king had married Arwen and produced an heir. He had tried to move on and forget the possibilities of what his life would have been like had Boromir lived. The king was usually busy and seemed content, but Legolas knew his heart thought often of Boromir.

"Go on," whispered Legolas softly, his hand still stroking the king's long hair. "Tell me more."

Aragorn sighed. "I wished to tell him in Moria, but I could never get him alone. Then in 'Lorien, but he was so troubled then! I talked briefly with him of Gondor, but I could not find the words to say what was in my heart. I felt he needed me to listen to him, not overburden him. So much had happened! Then, he was gone. Forever removed from my life. He was gone..."

Legolas felt tears reach his own eyes. He remembered finding Aragorn holding the body of Boromir. He remembered the look of pain on Aragorn's face, and his Elven ears were the only others to hear the last words Aragorn spoke to Boromir. He spoke of honor and Gondor, and their people. Then, he spoke of his affection for the son of the steward, but the dying man was beyond hearing the words. The Elf's heart had felt like breaking at Aragorn's pain.

Legolas had wanted to comfort Aragorn, but the ranger had stood. A single tear trailed down his face as he looked toward Gondor. He vowed vengeance on all who served Saruman and those who taken Merry and Pippin. And Gimli had roared his approval, ready to kill any orc in his path. So, Legolas had simply grasped the king's hand and vowed his allegiance.

So long agoa33;...Thankfully, they had killed thousands of orcs, rescued the Little Ones, and the ring had been destroyed. Despite many attempts to ask Sam what had happened at Mount Doom, Sam would only shake his head and give Mr. Frodo credit for finally destroying the evil trinket.

Finally, Aragorn's sobs quieted, and his breathing regulated. Legolas effortlessly lifted the king's body and carried him to the bed. He unfastened the king's robes and slid him beneath the cool white sheets, gently pulling the blankets to his chin.

"Thank you, Legolas." Aragorn's eyes were open, red and watery, as they stared at the Elf. "You bring me great comfort."

Legolas smiled and settled on the bed next to Aragorn. "Would you like me to stay, my friend?"

"Aye. I would like that. It is times such as these, when I turn my attention from my duties, that I miss Boromir most often. We never shared a bed, but I would like to think that we may have, had he lived."

"Then I will stay, my liege. Rest. I am here." Legolas slid down under the blanket and wrapped his long arms around Aragorn.

"Legolas," Aragorn began. His hand strayed to the Elf's face, and brought the soft skin to his lips. "We could do more than rest, my love."

"Nay. You need to rest, and to heal. There will be time for pleasure later."

Aragorn sighed. As much as he enjoyed making love to Legolas, tonight he was exhausted, and desired only to sleep. /It is amazing how Legolas can read my mind. Thank the gods for such a creature/

Legolas held Aragorn all through the night. Several times, Aragorn cried out Boromir's name and Legolas soothed him back to sleep, singing Elvish songs softly into his ear. Finally, Aragorn fell into a deep slumber, his dreams chased away as if by a magic Elven spell.

---

When morning came, neither the king, Legolas, nor Sean had any answers.

Sean awoke from a restless sleep, still full of questions.

Far down the hall, Aragorn woke and saw Legolas smiling at him. "Did you sleep well, my friend?"

"Aye, Legolas. You are a great comfort to me."

---

Legolas and Aragorn steeled themselves to enter Sean's room. "We still do not know his name, Aragorn."

Aragorn did not say a word. He stiffened his back, made his eyes cold, and strode into the room. "What is your name?" he demanded.

Before Sean could fully react, he blurted out, "Sean! I am Sean! You know this!" He gave Aragorn and Legolas a bewildered look. As he watched the duo carefully, he noticed small differences between them and his friends, Viggo and Orlando. Miniscule, really, but they were there, nevertheless.

Aragorn's face carried more worry and strain than Viggo's naturally relaxed, smiling countenance. And Legolas. All during filming, the fake Elven ears had melted off, and had to be replaced several times each day, especially after battle scenes. But the ears on this Elf in front of him - they were perfectly smooth, sculpted to a fine point. Sean winced as he saw the bruising on the delicate skin.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to..."

"It is all right, friend. Have you never seen an Elf before?"

"Um....no, not really. I mean, I was surrounded by Elves for a while, but I've never *seen* one."

"But..."

"Oh, never mind, Legolas," Aragorn interrupted them. "Where did you come from? And why do you bring a tiny Warg with you?"

"Warg? Oh, my God! That's no warg! That's Argos! My cat! Rather, my kitten! What did you do to him?"

"He has come to no harm," said Legolas softly. "I will bring him to you if you like."

"Yes, I would like that very much, Orli....er, Legolas. Thank you."

Legolas turned to leave the room. Aragorn sat on the edge of the bed, uncomfortably close to Sean. Sean felt his face burn bright red at the scrutiny and slid to the other side of the bed. Still, Aragorn did not avert his gaze.

"Why do you look at me like this?" /Shit, I'm starting to talk like Boromir/ Sean cringed.

Aragorn did not answer. He simply lifted a hand and touched the side of Sean's face. Sean froze. He and Viggo had shared many drinks together, many laughs and many hours of fun, but never like this. Never this soft touch that made his heart quiver and his breath catch.

Sean had admired Viggo since the first day they met. He carried a grace and dignity that most men could only dream of. But Sean had purposefully kept things on a friendly basis. He did not want another relationship, let alone a relationship with a man. But, God, this touch! So soft, so gentle!

Aragorn jumped as Legolas came back in, Argos cradled in his arms. Sean jumped too, and kept his eyes firmly away from Aragorn's. He reached out to Argos, who seemed to have already bonded with the Mirkwood Elf that held him.

However, when Argos saw Sean, he started wriggling free to get to his master. Sean gave a chuckle as the kitten landed hard onto the bed, leaving Legolas stunned that so tiny a creature could scratch and struggle so furiously. "What is this?" cried the Elf. "Why does he try to injure me?"

"Shall I kill it, Legolas?" asked Aragorn, eyeing the thin bloody strips on Legolas' arms.

"Kill it???! You would not dare!" Sean's voice rose menacingly.

"This creature has wounded the Prince of Mirkwood! I would do it with no hesitation!" Aragorn held his blade next to the kitten's nose. The kitten responded by licking the smooth edge and eying Aragorn ruefully. Aragorn sputtered and growled.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing! Such a little thing!" Sean laughed heartily.

Hearing these words, Aragorn dropped his sword with a clang. Legolas forgot his injuries, which had already almost healed closed, and looked at Sean in wonder.

"It cannot be! You fell!" Aragorn fell to his knees in front of Sean.

"I fell? I did not fall! What the hell are you...."

But it was too late. Aragorn laid a hand on Sean's leg, looking at him in amazement. Sean was completely mesmerized by the blue/gray eyes and could not tear his gaze away from the king.

Legolas, finally coming to his senses, gently tried to lift Aragorn's hand from Sean's leg. Aragorn refused to budge. Legolas applied more pressure, and was fearful of breaking the king's hand before it finally rose unsteadily and tried to touch Sean's face.

/Do it. Touch me again. Touch my face/ Sean had no idea where these words came from, but his heart beat rapidly in anticipation. Before the trembling hand could reach Sean's face, however, Legolas had firmly pulled it back to the king and pushed him toward the door.

"We must leave, my liege. Please. This cannot be Boromir. You know this. You told me this earlier."

"He said...." Aragorn could not force himself to look at Legolas, not when his dear Boromir was right there in front of him, the answer to his many tortured prayers.

Legolas stepped into Aragorn's line of vision, cupping the king's face in his hands, forcing the shiny eyes to meet his own. "This is *not* Boromir. Boromir is dead."

With that, he propelled Aragorn from the room, leaving a speechless Sean sitting on the bed, trying to sort out his feelings.

---

Legolas refused to let go of Aragorn, who was struggling to get back to Sean. Finally, Legolas stopped abruptly. "You are the *KING*! Do you wish for your subjects to see you carried down your own halls by an Elf?" he hissed. "For I will do that! I will carry you, whether you kick or scream or fight me. You know of my strength, Estel. And you know I will do this if I must."

Aragorn took a deep breath and stopped struggling. "I only wish..."

"I know what you wish. Hush, now. Let us go and speak of this in privacy."

Aragorn stood stiffly, hands clenched at his sides. "Very well. I will go with you, and we shall talk. Then, I will go back in there and tell that man, whoever he may be, that I know who he is deep down in his very soul. That he carries the same soul that I saw leave Boromir's body on Amon Hen, and that I shall allow no harm come to him ever again. Do you understand, Elf?"

Legolas' heart twisted at Aragorn's icy tone, then broke at the manner in which Aragorn had addressed him. "Elf? I am but another Elf to you, my king?"

"You...." Aragorn had not realized what he'd said. "Legolas! I am sorry. Please forgive me!" Ignoring the guards, he wrapped his arms around Legolas and pulled him close. Legolas stood stiffly in his arms, but finally gave over to the sensation of being held, and wrapped his arms around Aragorn. "Please, Legolas. Please forgive me, love." Aragorn's voice trembled in the Elf's ear.

"There is nothing to forgive, my king. You spoke in anger. We have shared too many heartbreaks, too many pints, and too many pleasures to part in anger."

"Thank you, my friend." Aragorn pulled away and kissed Legolas on the cheek.

Legolas' Elven senses were focused so thoroughly on Aragorn, he did not notice the small kitten staring fixedly at them from behind the guard.

---

Sean sat on the bed, stunned. Never had he wanted a simple touch as much as he wanted the touch of the man that had just left. This Viggo/Aragorn man. None of this made sense! Here he lay, dressed in someone's long velvet robe, with no idea where he was or how he'd gotten here. And, while this looked like the set of the LOTR movies, it was huge! One hundred times as big as the small set the crew had built. This was a real city. He could tell by gazing out the window by his bed. People walked, children played, soldiers marched. And there was no electricity - no water, no cameras, nothing. Just smooth stone, warm blankets, a table filled with dozens of herb- filled bowels, a fireplace, and a guard standing just outside the door. What was this? He pinched himself, hard, and it hurt. This was no dream. He tried pinching himself again, just for good measure. Still, nothing but pain. His headache came back with a vengeance, and he felt inexplicably weary. He lay back and closed his eyes. Argos waited until he was asleep and wandered around the room, keeping a close eye on his sleeping master.

---

"Aragorn. Do not do this, my friend."

Legolas and Aragorn sat in front of the window in the king's chambers, knees touching, leaned forward in two armchairs. Aragorn's head was in his hands, and Legolas leaned forward even further, and captured the king's hands with his own.

Aragorn looked up, hearing the pain in Legolas' voice, then seeing the pain in his eyes.

"Legolas, my sweet. I would not hurt you for all of Arda! You are so dear to me!"

"I know, Aragorn. We have shared much over our lifetimes. I have taken great pleasure from the last year, sharing your bed and your heart. I care for you greatly, my king. I only wish for you to be cautious. If your queen were here, she would wish the same. She cares for you deeply."

"Yes, she does love me very much, Legolas. As I love her. She knows I look to you for comfort, and she is happy for me. I feel that she wastes away before my very eyes when I am unhappy. We are tied together so closely, that my pain causes her to fade. It is better that both she and I can find comfort with others. She is quite happy with Haldir, you know."

"*Haldir!* I did not know! How long..." Legolas tried unsuccessfully to hide his surprise.

"For many ages, Legolas. Did your famous Elven senses not know of this? It is my wish that she sails to the Havens her kindred. Haldir has known her for centuries and has loved her for almost as long. He is a good and noble Elf, able to give himself to her completely, as I am unable to. Boromir will always have a part of my heart, and Arwen must have much love to sustain her. So, we each love her in our own way, and she is complete. Much as I am complete, my dear one. You have given me so much this past year."

Legolas lowered his eyes. "I am glad to be of comfort to you, my king. As always, I am at your disposal."

Aragorn pulled back from Legolas. "My *disposal*? Are you but performing a duty to the King of Gondor? Do I mean nothing to you at all?"

Legolas lowered his head, trying to find the words to tell Aragorn of his love, his utter devotion, his unwavering loyalty. Aragorn's heart broke at the hesitation, and he turned swiftly and left the room.

Legolas looked up. "I love you, Estel. I always have. There have been so many obstacles in our way. But there has never been another for me. I have never touched another - neither elf, nor man, nor woman. It has only been you. But you love Boromir. Even a fool could see that. My love is naught compared to the love of a ghost."

If Aragorn had uttered these soft words, Legolas' keen Elven ears would have heard them. But Aragorn heard not a word, and stalked back to Sean's room.

As Aragorn strode the halls that led back to the Houses of Healing, his back was rigid. He wanted nothing more than for Legolas to run after him, touch him, wrap his arms around him. The guards were discreet. They knew that with few women in the court, men took comfort from one another quite often. And they were happy to stand guard over their noble king and his exquisite Elf as they spent long hours together each day. Aragorn felt that if Legolas did come to him, he would gladly ravish him here in the halls, even in front of the guards. If only....but Legolas did not come.

He tried to calm himself before nodding to the guard that stood at attention in front of Sean's door and telling him to make sure he was not disturbed. He stepped in, quietly shutting the door behind him.

As he looked at the sleeping figure on the bed, Aragorn's heart caught in his throat. It was Boromir - it had to be! Even with the eyes closed, the hair shorter - it was Boromir. The hands were the hands of a warrior, a captain. The noble, beautiful face - the face that could look so heartbreakingly innocent one moment, so furiously righteous the next.

His heart tore at him. He should go back to Legolas. He had much to say to say to him. He had longed to thank him for his comfort and love and support. Unwavering support for many long years; comfort and love for the past year.

When had he fallen in love with the Elf? All these long months, he had thought of Boromir, had, in fact, in the beginning, pictured Boromir when he made love to Legolas. When had that stopped?

His heart had sung at the pleasure written on the Elf's face as he touched him, anywhere, everywhere. He had stopped closing his eyes and dreaming of Boromir as he watched the slender body arch beneath his own, beneath his hands, his mouth. Had watched as the smooth, flawless skin colored to a faint pink with passion, giving pleasure as well as taking. And thoughts of Boromir, whom he'd longed to touch, to love, had slowly faded from his mind, as he clung to Legolas on the many nights since he had been crowned king.

But, apparently, Legolas had been performing a 'duty'. Aragorn's face darkened at the thought that Legolas had used him, even while he had begun this by using the Elf.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, his eyes settled onto the sleeping form curled up on the bed. The sun-kissed face looked dark against the white sheets, and a lock of hair dipped over Sean's forehead, almost touching his nose. Aragorn could no more stop himself from gently brushing the lock back than he could stop Arda from turning. Sean started at the touch.

"It is only me," Aragorn said.

"Why do you stare at me like this? Where am I?" Sean asked softly. He had never felt more frightened in his life. Had he died? Had he lost his mind? Taken a drug that caused these worrisome visions?

"I have told you, Bor....Sean. You are in the Houses of Healing. And I stare at you, because you look......you look familiar."

Sean realized his headache was gone. He sat up in the bed, crossed his legs, and looked wearily at Aragorn. He had no choice but to play along for now.

Besides, he reasoned, what did he have to hurry home for? No wife, children who were too busy to spend time with him, friends that had their own worries and jobs and loves. Even Orli had to be tired of listening to him complain so much. He wondered if anyone would miss him. Would they find his dead body at his home in a few days? A few weeks? Would he continue to live in this dream forever?

"Tell me of yourself, Sean. Tell me of your life. Did you travel far to get here?"

"Further than you might imagine," Sean smiled, shaking his head.

He looked into Aragorn's eyes, and both men felt a familiarity with the other that spanned the short distance between them. Aragorn saw that this *was* Boromir, no matter what he had seen with his own eyes on Amon Hen.

And Sean *saw* Viggo. His close friend, his buddy, his fellow thespian. Neither man could speak for long minutes.

Finally, Sean found the words. "V....Aragorn. Why did you look at me with tears earlier? Have I hurt you in some way?"

"No, Sean. You have not hurt me. You have...you have helped me."

"Helped you? I have done nothing but lie in bed for....how long have I been here?"

"For three days. My healers gave you sleeping draughts to have you rest. You seemed uneasy and we were not sure of the extent of your injuries."

Sean looked around him. "This cannot be. I feel as if I'm in a dream! A lovely dream, to be sure, but it is so real, so perfect. Middle Earth - the real Middle Earth. This is Middle Earth, is it not?"

"Of course it is. Where else on Arda would it be?" Aragorn's breath caught at the look of wonder in Sean's eyes. They sparkled a deep green that made Aragorn's heart hurt. The corners of his eyes crinkled in laughter, much as Boromir's had when he had tried to teach Merry and Pippin swordplay, finally allowing them to pull him roughly to the ground.

Sean's smile was shining brightly as he tried to take everything in, and his eyes finally landed back on Aragorn.

"You are beautiful, my friend. Your eyes sparkle brighter than all the emeralds in Middle Earth. Your smile is a relief to my heart. A relief that I have sorely needed in these past months." Aragorn's eyes delved deeply into Sean's. His heart guiltily thought of Legolas, but his body seemed to move closer to Sean's of it's own volition.

Sean found that he could not move. This Viggo-not-Viggo was so beautiful! The eyes were so clear, so sure. Aragorn sat on the edge of the bed, so, so close to Sean, and leaned in.

Viggo's eyes held Sean's, looking for any hesitation, any doubt. He saw neither. He wanted to taste those lips, be they Boromir's or Sean's. He *needed* to taste them.

For Sean's own part, he felt the same need pulling at him. Viggo/Aragorn. They were one and the same, weren't they? Noble, brave, loyal, pure. Pure enough to capture the heart of an Elf. Or the heart of a man, a man who had no desire to be captured, not before tonight. /This cannot possibly be real. Let me touch him while I am still dreaming. Let me touch him and carry the feel of his touch in my waking hours/

Aragorn's lips finally, finally met Sean's. Neither man could stop their eyes from closing, their hearts from pounding. It was a feather kiss, really. Shy, needy, like the touch of a gossamer wing upon the air.

Aragorn drew back. This was what he had dreamed of. But this could not possibly be....

Sean moaned and put one hand on Aragorn's shoulder, the other behind Aragorn's neck. Roughly bringing Aragorn's face back to his, his lips captured the king's, his tongue forcing its way into the royal mouth. Aragorn moaned and moved his body closer to Sean's.

Aragorn's arms came up to grip the biceps of the man beside him, afraid to let go, afraid this feeling would end. This was what he wanted - this was kissing Boromir - except this was not Boromir. Or was it? His body didn't care. His body only knew there was no debate - he had to touch/feel/love this beautiful man.

Sean's hand on Aragorn's neck clutched at the king's long, dark hair. He pulled back to draw air into his lungs, and Aragorn allowed his lips to stray down Sean's chin, over his jaw, down his neck, stopping to lick at Sean's collarbone. "You taste delicious. I knew you would," Aragorn whispered.

"Oh, God, Aragorn!" Not Viggo. No, this was not Viggo. This was Aragorn. And this was not a dream. It couldn't be. If it were a dream, he would almost assuredly wake now. Yet, he was still here, still kissing and being kissed, holding and being held. This was heaven. It did not matter where they were, or when they were, only that *they were*.

Aragorn leaned in closer to Sean, pushing his body back onto the bed. Sean felt soft, plump pillows nestle around his body, and wrapped his arms around the king who lay atop him. He couldn't think. His body had taken over everything. Each touch, each breath, each tiny movement that Aragorn made sent Sean's mind into a tailspin. He stopped trying to think, and just *felt*.

Aragorn's trembling fingers went to the clasp of Sean's robe. He drew back, looking into Sean's eyes. "May I?"

Sean could only nod mutely, his breath rushing in and out of his body, his hands unable to unclench from the man beside/on top of him. The first clasp was unhooked, then the second. Sean felt as tense as a bowstring. He loved how the blue/gray eyes looked into his own after every clasp was unhooked, every inch of velvet brushed aside.

Aragorn finally closed his eyes, trying to control his harsh breathing. "If you do not want this, tell me now. If I continue, there will be no turning back."

"Please," was all Sean could murmur. His body arched into Aragorn's, providing the king with all the answers he needed. Sean's chest was fully exposed now. Aragorn admired the smooth muscles, the thick, curly hair. He pushed the robe from Sean's shoulders, and Sean quickly leaned up, pulling his arms free of the cloth. Only one hook remained clasped. It was above Sean's straining erection. Sean was desperate to have the entire barrier away from him, desperate to rip Aragorn's clothes off, and started to reach for the hook to rip it apart.

"No. Let me." Aragorn grabbed Sean's wrist, pulling it to his lips for a kiss. Nuzzling into Sean's palm, Aragorn took Sean's thumb into his mouth, and sucked on it.

"By all that is Holy, Aragorn, *HURRY*!"

Aragorn smiled, releasing Sean's hand, which wrapped around the king and softly stroked the small of his back. His touch burned through the layers of clothing covering Aragorn, and the king would have sworn that his clothes were ready to ignite. He finally unhooked the last clasp on Sean's robe, spreading the sides far from Sean's legs, admiring the sensual form beneath him. When the healers had removed his clothes and wrapped the robe around him, they had neglected to put any breeches or loincloths underneath. He lay before Aragorn, splendidly naked, causing the king to hold his breath.

Sean could not remember how the robe got on him, but he knew he would never forget how it had been removed. Never had he felt such a sensual touch, never had he wanted to rush as he did now. He reached for Aragorn's clothes, ready to rip them to shreds.

But Aragorn would have no part of it. "I do not wish this to end, not yet. We must go slowly."

"Yes. Slowly. Just hurry," Sean moaned.

Aragorn smiled, and pulled himself off the bed. Sean moaned again and reached for him. "Get back here," he hissed.

"Be patient."

Sean moaned again. He was *not* a patient man.

Aragorn tried to steady his breathing, but his lower body ached with need. His heart refused to stop pounding, and his fingers would not stop their damn trembling. Sean moaned again, and, hearing this, Aragorn gave in and ripped at everything on his body, wanting only to be free of the binding tunic and breeches. Finally, his clothes lay torn and wrinkled around him, and he reached for his aching cock.

Sean could only stare at the muscled body standing by the bed. He had reached for his own erection as Aragorn began ripping his clothes, and squeezed it hard, sliding his hand up and down the smooth, hard skin. This man was glorious!

Aragorn was thinking the same thing about the exquisite being on the bed in front of him. Thick muscles, tanned skin, long legs - all there, there before him, ready to be loved, ready to be taken. So different from Legolas. Larger, darker, thicker, but just as beautiful. Then all thoughts of Legolas fled from his mind as Sean continued stroking his arousal with one hand, reaching out to him, summoning him back to the bed, with his other.

Aragorn fell back onto the bed. His lips met Sean's again. He let go of his arousal and grabbed Sean's hand, pulling it above Sean's head. "No," murmured Sean. "I need to..."

Then, Aragorn grasped Sean's cock, and squeezed hard. "This is what you need, isn't it?" He gave Sean a final kiss and lowered his head to Sean's groin. "You need this. You want this. Tell me you want it, tell me."

Aragorn's lips trailed down Sean's neck, bestowing every inch of bare skin with soft kisses. His tongue lapped at the thick hair on the man's chest, and dug deep into his navel. Sean sucked in a deep breath, anticipating the touch as it traveled below his navel to meet his weeping cock.

Aragorn slid his cheek against the smooth, hot skin. Sean's breath hissed out from his lips, his hips twisting in the air to encourage closer contact. Finally, Aragorn let his tongue glide over the tip, tasting the pearly drops of liquid that had begun leaking out. "Tell me, please, just say the words," moaned Aragorn.

"Oh, yes, I want it." Sean's words were almost incoherent. His fingers twisted in Aragorn's hair and held on for dear life.

"Tell me. Tell me again. Tell me what you want."

"Please, Aragorn," Sean whimpered. "Please take me into your mouth!"

Aragorn closed his mouth on Sean's member, and moaned, causing his mouth to vibrate around Sean's cock. He took Sean's shaft completely into himself, licking and sucking, his hand moving beneath Sean's body, lightly touching and stroking every inch of skin he could find. He slowly lowered his mouth to take in the engorged member even further, relaxing his throat, and closing his lips on the base.

Sean's entire body began to tremble. He tried to shout out a warning, but he could not seem to speak. He arched into Aragorn's mouth and came with a wail. Aragorn greedily sucked every last drop from Boromir's cock, then kissed the tip lightly.

Sean reached out to Aragorn's shoulders, and gently pulled his body up next to Sean's own. "Sorry," he murmured into Aragorn's ear. "I could not wait."

He looked at Aragorn's face. The king's eyes were dark with arousal. Sean wanted to return the favor, but hesitated. He'd never touched another man before. Ever. He didn't know what to do. Aragorn saw his indecision, and whispered, "Just kiss me, that's all you have to do. Just let me look into your beautiful green eyes, and kiss me."

Sean was stunned. His eyes held Aragorn's and his hands brought the king's face forward to allow their lips to meet. He tasted himself in the king's mouth, which aroused him further. Aragorn stroked his rock hard member faster and faster. Just before he released himself, however, Sean pulled away from the kiss and used his knee to wrest Aragorn's arm away from his body. Aragorn cried out in dismay, his cock standing straight at attention and oh-so-close to coming. Sean thought he'd never seen a more beautiful site.

"I want you to come in my mouth." The words were out before Sean even realized he'd thought them. But Aragorn looked so unbelievably arousing, and the thought of licking and sucking the hard cock of the king made his own member begin to tingle and fill with blood again.

Aragorn closed his eyes and moaned. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Come to me."

Without hesitation, Aragorn crawled over Sean's body and straddled his head. "Wait," Aragorn moaned. "Don't touch me yet, or I will just come on your face. Wait...."

Sean stilled his upper body, but reached down to stroke himself with his left hand. His right hand rested on the curve of Aragorn's back, helping him to steady himself. Finally, Aragorn groaned. "Now," he whispered, as eased his cock to Sean's lips. Sean did not hesitate. He took the entire member into his mouth, instinctively suckling and lapping at the hot flesh. He knew what he liked, and tried to do the same things to Aragorn. His fingernails dug into Aragorn's hip, matching Aragorn's pumping rhythm thrust for thrust.

Aragorn reached down and buried his hands in Sean's short hair, even as he buried his cock deeper into Sean's mouth. "Yes. Oh, yes! Boromir! Legolas! That's it! Harder, my love!" His mind filled with the images of his loves, both past and present. He could not stop moaning their names, seeming to feel many beautiful mouths on him at once. His mind spun out of control, and he did not try to separate his thoughts, instead choosing to focus on the incredible sensations assaulting his body with his every thrust. He finally discarded the idea of prolonging their encounter, and steadied Sean's head, sealing the man's lips to his cock. He arched even deeper into Sean's mouth, and felt himself release his seed in a blinding moment of bliss.

Elven ears from a room many doors away picked up Aragorn's moans. He was not surprised that Aragorn was making love to Sean - or Boromir. But his heart lightened as he heard his own name roll off the king's tongue, and he could not stop a small smile from touching his lips.

Sean did not care - all he cared about was drinking every last drop of the delicious fluid that finally began pumping into his mouth. He ran his tongue into the small slit on the tip of Aragorn's cock, sucking gently.

Aragorn pulled away from Sean and collapsed by his side. He was surprised to see Sean stroking himself, having been unaware of anything but the exquisite mouth around his cock. He smiled, resting his head on Sean's chest, and reached down to cover Sean's hand, wrapping his fingers around the thick organ. Sean looked at Aragorn's face and remembered how it looked moments before, filled with passion as he reached his climax. "Kiss me, Aragorn, kiss me hard."

"Yes," Aragorn said, leaning into Sean's lips, kissing them hard, running his hand up and down Sean's chest. Moments later, Sean came for the second time that evening. He arched up, his legs and shoulders lifting off the sheet and let a long, loud moan escape. With that, he collapsed back down on the bed, and allowed Aragorn to rest his head back on Sean's chest. Aragorn snaked his arms around Sean, holding him close.

Sean had made love to many, many women. He had loved them, then lain with them, holding them till morning, and then kissed them goodbye. He had lain with tavern girls, gave them a final gentle caress, and left them alone. Never had he made love, then had someone hold him. And he found he relished the feeling. Warm, safe, and secure, he lay in Aragorn's arms and breathed in his scent. He smiled and drifted off to sleep.

Aragorn, for his part, was unable to take his eyes off Sean's face. When he smiled, Aragorn remembered every smile he'd seen on Boromir's face, heard every laugh, saw sparkling green eyes crinkle in amusement. And Aragorn smiled too. He closed his eyes, still smiling, and surrendered to a peaceful sleep.

---

Aragorn woke a few hours later. Sean was still sleeping peacefully. Sometime in the night, he had turned to fully face Aragorn, snuggling closely against him, his face buried in Aragorn's chest. Aragorn had not woken, but willingly snuggled closer to the other man's body and gave a relaxed sigh.

Now, Aragorn quietly pulled back and studied the beloved face as tears came to his eyes. Never had he felt so confused. He slowly slid his arms from Sean, grabbed a warm robe that rested beside the bed, and left the room. The guard followed the king back to his chambers, and stood at attention outside the room. Aragorn nodded gratefully at him, and stepped through the door.

He walked quietly to his bed, and was surprised to see Legolas lying there, eyes opened, breathing deeply. "Are you asleep, my love?" Aragorn whispered.

No answer. He saw pale, glimmering tracks of the tears that had fallen from the Elf's eyes, dampening his long hair. Aragorn sighed miserably and eased himself next to Legolas, burying his face into the soft golden hair. Legolas did not stir, except to move closer to Aragorn's warmth and murmur his name.

Aragorn softly kissed the trail left by the tears and held Legolas tight. He breathed in the clean scent of the Elf and let sleep come over him.

---

Sean awoke early the next morning. He was alone in the large bed, and it took him some minutes to remember where he was. His heartbeat sped up as he remembered the night before.

/What have I done? I am not...that way...I did not...We..../

He felt his cock growing as he pictured Aragorn's mouth on his stomach. Aragorn had looked up at him and whispered "tell me" and Sean thought he would come then and there. Never had he seriously considered making love to another man, but it had felt so right. His admiration for Viggo had been twisted, turned into a passion he could not explain. He wanted nothing more than to find Aragorn, to let the king hold him and allow him to quell his fears, to soothe his worries and answer his questions.

Quickly, he donned his robe and left the room.

"Where are the king's chambers?" he asked a passing guard.

"You must have an appointment to visit with the king, sire," replied the nervous young man.

"No. You do not understand. I must speak with him."

"I am sorry. You must have an appointment."

Sean stepped toward the man, wishing to shake the answer from him. The guard put his hand on his sword, clasping the fingers around the hilt. Sean felt as if someone had delivered a blow to his stomach. It was exactly the action Viggo had taken in the movie as Boromir had held Frodo's ring in his hand, the pure white snow and clear blue sky behind him. A feeling of unreality made the room spin, and he bolted down the hallway.

Blindly, he ran, finally coming to another room guarded by a Gondorian soldier. "Aragorn! Help me! Aragorn!" Sean's words seemed to bounce off the walls.

The guard moved to push him away, but the door fell open with a crash and Aragorn stood before Sean, dressed once again in his kingly attire.

"What is the matter?" Aragorn knelt, gently brushing the long tendrils of hair from Sean's eyes.

"Help me, Aragorn! I think I am losing my mind!"

Aragorn motioned for the guard to step aside and pulled Sean into the room, closing the door behind him. Sean collapsed into a heap on the floor, dragging Aragorn down with him.

The king put his arms around Sean and squeezed. "What troubles you my friend?"

"I do not know where I am! I feel like I am in Gondor, in Middle Earth, with the king, with Aragorn, with Legolas, but I know this cannot be true. I feel as though I cannot breathe!"

"Shhhh...you can breathe, Melda-nin. Hold tight to me, and let me help you. Close your eyes...." Aragorn's fingertips gently closed the panic-stricken man's eyes then softly breathed across them. He began rocking Sean in his arms, holding his head tightly against his chest. "Melethron. Do not cry. I will help you..." Aragorn's hand stroked Sean's arms, his back, his neck, his touch soothing and gentle.

Slowly, Sean forced his breathing to regulate. He opened his eyes and looked gratefully into Aragorn's. He could not force his arms to let go of the king, however, and clenched his hands tightly among the folds of velvet that adorned him.

"You really are Aragorn, are you not?"

"Aye. Who else would I be?"

"And I am Legolas," spoke a soft voice from the bed. Sean started, surprised to see that the king was not alone. He immediately tried to pull away from Aragorn's embrace, but the king refused to release him.

Sean studied the fair face of the Elf as Legolas looked sadly at the pair on the floor.

"I should leave." Sean fought to free himself from Aragorn's arms.

"No." The king said the word softly, but his tone left no room for argument. He stopped struggling. Aragorn's strong arms tightened around him and he closed his eyes.

Legolas had gazed upon the man as he entered the king's chambers with mistrust. When he had collapsed onto the floor, Legolas' senses were heightened, ready to leap to Aragorn's aid if the strange man had tried to harm the king. Yet when the man's only action was to sob, Legolas had stilled himself, and sat watching the two quietly. He felt the pain and fear emanate from the terrified form held in Aragorn's arms, and he felt his heart reaching out to him. His jealously was forgotten, and he longed to aid the king in comforting him. Even so, he found himself simply sitting quietly where he was, compassion halting him from intruding.

Sean looked distinctively uncomfortable under the Elf's gaze. So much like Orli in some ways, yet so unlike him in others. Orli's face, yes, but this Elf lacked Orli's easy laughter. The wig Orli wore on the set, yes, but lacking Orli's dark curls - curls that had finally grown in after the lure of the Mohawk had passed.

"Come, my friend." Aragorn slowly stood, bringing Sean's body up along with his own. He led a bewildered Sean over to a chair in front of the fire and walked to the door, where he told his guard to have a large breakfast and plenty to drink sent up.

Sean collapsed into the inviting chair and stared from the king to the Elf and back again.

Aragorn sat in the chair opposite him, and Legolas sat on the floor near the king. No one spoke. Finally, the guard knocked on the door to announce the entrance of a servant bearing the food and drink. Aragorn took the tray and sat in on a nearby table, thanking the girl, and hurrying back to his audience.

Argos quickly skirted through the door and hid beneath the curtains.

"Tell me where I am, please. And *when* I am. And how I got here." Sean rubbed his chilled fingers over his arms. Legolas quickly rose and gathered a blanket from the bed, wrapping it around Sean, who looked up in surprise, but accepted the offering gratefully.

"You are in Middle Earth. In Gondor. I am the king. You are safe here, but I know not from whence you came. My guards found you lying in the forest east of the city."

"But...this never happened. It was a *story*."

"What never happened?" Legolas asked curiously.

"The ring.....elves....Gondor..."

Aragorn looked at Legolas before turning his attention back to Sean. "Yes.....the ring. The ring was destroyed many months ago. You can easily see the Elf in front of you, and I can assure you that you *are* in Gondor."

The next words felt thick in Sean's mouth. "And....Boromir?"

Aragorn's mouth tightened and his eyes narrowed. "What of him?"

"What happened to Boromir?"

"Boromir was a noble warrior and captain of Gondor. He died trying to save the lives of the little ones who traveled with us."

"He......he died with honor?"

"The utmost honor and bravery."

"That is.....good, then." Sean swallowed hard. "He was a friend to you?"

"Aye," answered Legolas. "A friend, dear to us both."

"And," continued Sean, "the hobbits returned to The Shire, Aragorn married Arwen, Boromir's brother, Faramir, married Eowyn of Rohan, and Legolas and Gimli are the first Dwarf and Elf to share a friendship in many ages of men."

"This is all common knowledge, my friend," said Legolas.

"Yes. I suppose it is."

Legolas shared a worried look with the king.

"And you know not how I come to be here, therefore you know not how I may return."

"Aye."

Sean sighed and collapsed against the chair. "So....what do I do here? Am I a steward? Do I have duties?"

"You are a citizen of Gondor, you may do as you please," said Aragorn. "You may wander the city at your leisure."

"I do not wish to wander the city," Sean said quickly. "Could I not stay here and talk with you?"

"I have council meetings all day, my friend, but I will excuse Legolas from his duties and he may show you around the castle."

Legolas looked at Aragorn sharply. "I do not...."

Aragorn shook his head at the Elf.

Sean looked questioningly at the Elf. "You do not object?"

Legolas avoided Sean's eyes. " I do not object," sighed the Elf.

---

Aragorn had a difficult time concentrating on the council meeting. His mind constantly turned to Sean. His pain had reminded Aragorn so much of Boromir that morning that it hurt to dwell on it. As he had held the other man, Aragorn though he would finally know what it felt like to hold Boromir, but he found himself listening to Sean. Sean - not Boromir. Sean - this beautiful stranger. This man so like Boromir in appearance, this man who seemed to channel Boromir's fears and needs. Yet he was different. He sensed a certain tension in Sean, much as he had felt I Boromir, yet it was more of a sense of confusion, rather than doubt. And last night, lying with him, loving him.....

"Sire?"

Aragorn jumped. "I need to think on this before I render a decision," began Aragorn.

The council looked at him blankly. Mirahir, the aged councilor sitting to his left, looked at him with a smile. "You need to think on whether or not we shall break for our meal?"

"Aye. I need to consider this first." Aragorn's face reddened. "Very well. I have thought on this long enough. We should certainly eat."

The council rose from their seats.

"Sire?" Mirahir enquired. "It seems as though you do not feel well. Would it please you to postpone our meetings until the morn?"

"Aye. I am quite tired. It would be well to continue in the morn."

Mirahir nodded sagely. "Get some rest, I implore you, sire."

---