Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Sean, Viggo, and Sheffield United.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1724 Read: 620

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

Viggo was finishing making the sandwiches at the kitchen counter when the phone rang. He quickly wiped his hands on the towel tucked into his jeans before picking up the receiver from the unit on the wall.

"Hello," he answered. There was a small pause before he replied, "yes, he’s right here."

"Sean," he called, turning to the open door through which he could see Sean on the patio setting down a pitcher of iced tea on the table. "Jim's on the phone."

"Great," Sean said, coming back into the kitchen. He paused to give Viggo a small kiss before taking the receiver from Viggo’s hand.

"How are you doing?... Oh just great… Yeah," he paused to smile at his lover, "he’s doing well too. Though you could have just asked him yourself… Why? What’s the hurry?... They are?!?... Great! Thanks for telling me… Take care … Good-bye."

Viggo was stacking the sandwiches on a plate when Sean hung up the phone. He turned to see Sean with his hand still gripping the receiver and a huge grin plastered all over his face. Immediately Viggo’s heart sank. He knew that look all too well. He has seen it on his lover’s face many a Sunday over the last year, almost always when Sean’s favorite team Sheffield United won a game. But before he could ask what it was this time, Sean had released the phone and was racing out of the kitchen and into the living room. Viggo heard Sean flop down onto the couch and turn on the television. Viggo sighed and glanced at the pitcher of iced tea, which was already starting to sweat on the outside table, before turning and walking into the living room. He saw Sean sitting on the couch leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands gripping the remote.

"Um, Sean?" Viggo asked. "Lunch?"

"Oh luv, I’m sorry. But the Blades game is being shown on the telly. Can’t we have lunch in here?" Sean pleaded, eyes never leaving the screen.

"Sean, I just got back to L. A. last night and all I want to do is spend a bit of time with you," Viggo said.

"I know, I know. But can’t you spend time with me while I watch the game?" Sean begged, finally tearing his eyes away from the screen to lock eyes with Viggo.

Viggo sighed and flopped down on the couch. "That didn’t work so well last time," he said with a chuckle…


About a month after they had started their relationship Sean had suggested that Viggo share his weekly ritual of watching the Sheffield United game. Viggo had thought it would be fun. He remembered when he and Exene used to watch baseball together, curled up under a blanket together sharing bowl of popcorn. However, he quickly discovered that watching the Blades with Sean was nothing like watching the Dodgers with Exene. To begin with, it was anything but relaxing. Sean was constantly yelling loudly when the Blades made a good play or shouting when a referee made a call against them.

However, Viggo was determined to enjoy himself and loud certainly didn’t mean bad. In fact, he was rather enjoying seeing his normally reserved Sean so passionate. That was, however, until Sean became so enraged with a referee’s call that he flung his arms about while shouting at the television and his hand had accidentally connected with Viggo’s nose. Sean was profusely apologetic and several minutes later Viggo was settled with his head in Sean’s lap and a bag of ice on his nose. Things were fine for the rest of the first half, all of half time, and almost all of the second half. It was during the last minute of stoppage time that one of Sheffield United’s forwards scored the winning goal, causing Sean to leap to his feet, accidentally dumping Viggo onto the floor in the process. Viggo had just laughed it off, but he had never watched football with Sean again…


The ringing of the phone startled them both from the memory. Viggo, seeing Sean’s eyes dart back to the television, reached to pick up the phone from the end table.

"Hello," he answered.

"Hi Viggo," an excited voice greeted him.

"Orli!" Viggo greeted him. "How are you doing?"

"Fine, fine," Orlando said hurriedly. "Is Sean there?"

"Yes," Viggo replied, "but he’s a bit busy at the moment."

"So he knows about the game?" Orlando asked.

"Yes, he does," Viggo said. "But why are you so excited about it?"

"Because I love Man U. Duh!" Orlando replied.

"What does Manchester United have to do with this?" Viggo questioned.

"Because Sheffield United are playing Man U," Orlando answered. "Anyway, I need to go so I can call Dom."

"Ok, you prissy elf, go on," Viggo laughed.

"Yeah, have fun you filthy human. ‘Bye," Orlando said.

"Good-bye Orli," Viggo said and hung up the phone.

He turned to see Sean staring at the television as players began to walk onto the field. Sean turned to look at him.

"I guess we don’t have to watch the game," Sean said, his eyes still darting between Viggo and the television screen. "I know you just got home and I know you just want a relaxing lunch on the patio and all."

"No," Viggo corrected. "I just want a relaxing lunch with you. And the words you, Sheffield United, and relaxing just don’t go together.

"I’m sorry," Sean said. "I’ll turn it off."

Viggo sighed as he watched Sean’s face. He knew how much Sean loved the Blades and he knew how much it meant to Sean to be able to see the handful of games they played during the off-season. He knew, and had long since accepted that in many ways Sheffield United was Sean’s first love, and he was touched that Sean would give that up for him.

"I’ll bring in the iced tea and get the sandwiches," Viggo said standing and watching as Sean’s face broke into a huge grin that made it all worthwhile.

"Thank you," Sean said, pulling Viggo down onto the couch next to him. "And," Sean continued placing small kisses up and down Viggo’s neck, "to show you just how appreciative I am, when the game is over," he paused as he lightly cupped Viggo between the legs, "I’ll show you my ball handling skills."

Viggo groaned. "And just how long does this game last?" he asked.

"About two hours," Sean answered.

Viggo sighed as he rose to his feet. "I guess I’ll live," he said.

Sean’s laugh trailed after him as he made his way out of the room. "Please see that you do, luv," he called after Viggo.

Viggo walked outside and picked up the pitcher of iced tea. He paused in the kitchen to pick up two glasses before returning to the living room. He set the glasses and the pitcher on the coffee table before returning to the kitchen to retrieve the sandwiches. Finally he settled himself down on the couch, making sure that Sean wasn’t in striking distance.

Viggo also noticed that Sean had gotten his Sheffield United jersey out of their bedroom and was currently donning it. He looked Sean up and down and raised an eyebrow.

"Tradition," Sean said. "I wear it every time I watch a Blades match."

Viggo simply smiled at him. "So that's Sheffield United?" Viggo asked, gesturing toward the television.

"Yes, that's them," Sean beamed.

"So then I take it that's Manchester United?" Viggo said gesturing again as the picture on the television changed.

"Yes," said Sean not nearly as enthusiastically as before.

"Well," said Viggo, "I can certainly see why Orli likes them."

"Oh?" Sean asked, sparing Viggo a quick glance with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah," Viggo responded, "it is a rather nice looking team. Don't you think?"

"Vig, to be honest," Sean replied, "I never really gave it much thought."

"Whoa!" Viggo exclaimed. "What did they just say?"

"What are you talking about?" Sean asked.

"Did they just say that there was exhibitionism in this game?" Viggo asked.

Sean laughed. "No Vig. They did not say that it was a game of exhibition. They said that it was an exhibition game. It means it's just a friendly game. A practice game."

"So they don't run around without clothes on?" Viggo tried one last time.

"No, no nudity," Sean replied.

"Well, damn," Viggo responded. "I wouldn't mind seeing him naked. Who is that anyway?"

"That is David Beckham," Sean replied. Before Viggo could open his mouth, Sean interceded, "Don't even think about it Viggo, he's married to one of the Spice Girls."

"Humph," Viggo grumbled. "Well, what about him?" Viggo asked looking at the screen. "He's kind of hot."

"That's Ruud Van Nistelrooy," Sean replied.

"A Dutchman?" Viggo asked.

"Yes luv," Sean replied.

"You know, Sean, I think I like Manchester United," Viggo said after a moment.

"No, Vig, you don't," Sean stated.

"Yeah, I do. I think I want them to win," Viggo said.

"Too bad," Sean replied. "Sheffield United are going to come out on top today."

"Nope," Viggo responded confidently.

"Would you like to make a friendly wager on that?" Sean asked with a gleam in his eye.

"Sure," Viggo replied. "What are the stakes?"

"Whose ever team comes out on top today gets to be on top all next week," Sean stated.

"Agreed," Viggo said, holding out his hand.

They shook hands and returned their attention to the game at hand.


A few hours later....

Sean turned to glare at Viggo over his shoulder. "Is it absolutely necessary that I wear my jersey while you do this?"

"Oh yes," Viggo responded, giving the collar a slight tug with his teeth and thrusting just a bit harder.

"This is a disgrace to the Blades," Sean muttered, trying to stifle a groan.

"It will be even more disgraceful tomorrow night," Viggo answered.

"How?" Sean asked.

"Because," Viggo grinned down at his lover, "I'm having a special order overnighted."

"So?" Sean asked.

"So tomorrow night," Viggo replied, "I'll be fucking you while wearing a Manchester United jersey...."