Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo sees things others don't.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 371 Read: 688

Published: 31 Jul 2009 Updated: 31 Jul 2009

i.

Viggo sees things others don't. Orlando will tell anyone who'll listen that it's a mad artist thing; Viggo thinks it's simply luck. It's luck that sunlight picks out the pale honey freckles on Miranda's face just as she turns to him; luck that shows him the shape of a cloud sliced by the feathery dark branches over his head; luck that lets him see Sean staring into space during a break in filming. Make-up and wardrobe techs orbit around Sean, adjusting the way his cloak falls, dabbing more dirt on one high cheekbone, but Sean is a million miles away. Only Viggo sees his stillness, his distance, the faint imprint of some hidden pain that bleeds through from Sean to Boromir.

ii.

Viggo sees beauty in the unlikeliest of places: on the side of a gravel road, in a patch of grass in his backyard, in the perfect blackness of a moonless night. He never expected to see beauty in a crowded pub on a Wednesday night. He turns his head to make a comment on the awful joke Elijah has just told and catches sight of Sean. The shaded bulb in the wall sconce catches the hint of red in Sean's short hair and turns his seawater eyes to aventurine. Alcohol and mirth have flushed Sean's fine skin faintly pink. He glows with his own light, and Viggo can't look away.

iii.

Viggo sees a side of Sean no one else sees. He sees Sean shaking in fury over the latest verbal barbs from the soon-to-be ex-wife. He sees Sean fighting tears during long-distance calls from his daughters. He sees Sean drunk and vulnerable on his doorstep at 3 a.m., desperate for solace, for understanding from someone who has been through the same kind of pain. Viggo listens, and he sees everything Sean is willing to show him.

iv.

"What do you see?" Sean asks him one night. They are lying together in Sean's bed, and Sean's skin is lit by moonlight and the dimming glow of a candle. He's been watching Viggo's bright gaze roam the planes and shadows of his body, following the path left earlier by his hands and mouth.

"You," Viggo replies, and Sean smiles.