Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Recipe for a happy day.

Rated: G

Categories: LOTR FPS Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: No

Word count: 252 Read: 894

Published: 29 Jul 2009 Updated: 29 Jul 2009

Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: "These characters originate with their copyright holders. I borrow them for entertainment, not profit."
Nan’s Cider-Jacks

Check your oven is medium hot, open window shutters, close half door on Rullo. Take a shallow pan, grease and line with baking parchment, set in pantry to stay cool, close pantry window on Rullo.

Peel and core your cooking apples, then stew gently with a little cider, a spoon or two, or apple brandy, and two cloves and a thumb of ginger, peeled, tied in a scrap of linen, until softened, then take from the heat, remove the spices and stir in a little honey to taste as the mixture cools. Remove Lord B. from kitchen, retrieve jar of raisins.

Melt unsalted butter, mix with honey and a pinch of ground cloves, then mix in a quantity of rough porridge oats, some walnut halves broken and some raisi….get more raisins from pantry…

If the mixture is too dropping, add more oats or ground almond flour to suit.

Press half of the oat mixture down into the pan, cover with the apples and then with the last of the oats, smoothed flat. Set into your oven for close to a half hour.

When baked to golden remove from oven…cool for a few minutes, mark out the pieces in the tin…and set to cool completely…close shutters on Lord B., Master Arin and Rullo – ignore whining, the baked fruit filling will only burn mouths.

When cold in the pan the cider-jacks are ready to eat.

To store this part isn’t needed…by order of the King.