Summary: The things one will do for love..

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo/Karl Urban

Warnings: Kink, Violence

Challenges:

Series: Love thy Enemy

Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes

Word count: 19173 Read: 6222

Published: 30 Jul 2009 Updated: 30 Jul 2009

Story Notes:
Violence, Kink
'What the fuck do you want, Karl?'

Sean's voice was icily contemptuous and the sneer that curled his upper lip reminded the dark-haired man of Boromir, when he learned that the "filthy ranger" was actually Aragorn, son of Arathorn and his rightful liege.

He stood in the doorway a few steps above him, and looked down arrogantly at the dark-haired man from beneath half shuttered lashes, though Karl had an inch or two on him in height.

Karl should have been intimidated by Sean's malevolent presence, but showing fear to someone as dangerous as the blonde was not an option. Not if he wanted to have his say. He tried to gather himself, but the green-eyed actor continued coldly, 'If you're looking for Viggo,' he said, sounding like the beginnings of a threat, 'I'm awfully sorry to inform you he's not here.' Sarcasm dripped from Sean's baleful glare as if he weren't the least apologetic.

'No, I.. ,' Karl kept his voice steady, eyes focused on Sean. 'I want to talk to you.'

Sean glowered at him, not even blinking.

'Why?' The terse question held a dangerous edge.

Karl heard the ice in his voice, and had his need not been so urgent, would have backed off. 'Please, Sean.. can I come in?'

Reluctantly, Sean moved, walking into the house he shared with Viggo and not caring whether Karl followed him or not.

Into the lion's den.

Sean indolently plopped down on the battered sofa in the living room, obviously not in the mood to observe all the social niceties.

Well and good, thought Karl, understanding all the silent signals. It was as he'd expected - if Sean had shown him the least amount of kindness, then what he was about to do would have a far less impact.

To Sean's utter amazement Karl sank down on his knees in front of him. The supplicatory gesture came so unexpectedly that he didn't have time to register surprise.

'I can't go on like this,' Karl whispered hoarsely, never taking his eyes from Sean. 'I can't...and I don't want to be your enemy.'

Sean knew exactly what he meant. They had been enemies, rivals for the love of one extraordinary man. It had been open war between two worthy adversaries who'd once been friends and had it not escalated, both might have salvaged something from the fierce contest. There had been no tricks, no pretence, and no lies. Both had declared their love, and had waited with baited breath for Viggo's decision.

Sean didn't want to remember how torturous those days had been for him. He'd never experienced such an overwhelming need to possess and to be possessed. It flew in the face of everything he thought he knew about himself, and he'd fallen hard.

What Sean didn't know was that Viggo had already made his choice, but couldn't yet reconcile his need for freedom with Sean's desires for fidelity. He wasn't certain if he could accept the man's restrictions or adapt to his expectations, and he didn't want to cheat on Sean.

He loved Sean, true, but couldn't help being tempted by Karl's irresistible offer. After all, Karl had asked for nothing outside of what they could realistically have.

What Sean did know was that Viggo was strongly attracted to Karl, and that made the waiting much worse. Passivity had never been a part of his genetic makeup and neither had powerlessness. He hated being in such a position - it was worse than fighting until someone drew first blood. At least then he was doing something, determining his own fate through his own will.

That sense of powerlessness made him hate Karl Urban more than he'd ever hated anyone.

And Karl hated him just as much; in spite of kneeling at his feet like a penitent, Sean saw the smouldering embers in the cinnamon and stone coloured eyes. Sean saw it whenever they met, felt it like an obsessed lover's touch trailing down his spine. Both silently wished they were animals who could resolve the conflict with a ritual fight, using claws, teeth and horns to defeat their rival.

The Summer King versus The Winter King until blood was shed and a consort was chosen from the strongest.

Under the aegis of civilized behaviour, however, the only action left to them was to engage the other in a full-on staring contest.

And wait.

Once Viggo made his decision, one that he'd never thought he'd have to make, Sean did everything he could, no matter how cruel or unnecessary, to keep him as far away from Karl as was possible within the confines of the island. Viggo didn't like that because Karl was willing to accept Viggo's choice and wish the pair of them well.

Karl had done nothing wrong; he was guilty only of loving Viggo too much.

'So what is it you want?' Sean asked coolly, not wanting Karl to see how much the gesture affected him. He reached deep inside of him where the anger still burned.

'We were good friends before all this happened - the three of us. I want to go back to that, and if not, then forward to something better.'

Karl had been denied not only Viggo's love, but his friendship, too. And from the look in his eyes Sean knew how that felt. He could easily imagine the pain. He knew it himself from all the hours he'd spent fearing that Viggo wouldn't want him.

For a moment, Karl lowered his lashes, and Sean couldn't help noticing just how beautiful he was, his full lips set in a thin line of determination, skin over his cheekbones flexing, breathing faster, his shoulders heaving.. His whole body an image of forcefully held-down strength and energy. Sean realized with a sudden shock of excitement how hard it must have been for Karl to humble himself in front of the man he hated most, and his cock twitched at the thought.

Sean slowly bent forward, until he was very near, face to face, seeking Karl's eyes.

'You still love Viggo, don't you?'

Karl didn't waver, his brown eyes so intense they didn't seem real, like a pair of special-effects contacts.

'Yes,' he whispered, his voice very low, but sure and certain. 'I've never stopped loving him.'

No denial. No attempt to lie.

'But he loves you,' Karl continued, the pain those words caused was visible, a wound so deep in the pure, solid brown, as if Karl had cut himself. 'I accept that. I wouldn't do anything to come between the two of you and I think you know that.'

Sean kept his face neutral and unmoved, though inside his emotions weren't quite as stable.

'There was a conflict of interests, that's all,' Karl continued softly. 'It's not that we hate each other's guts or anything - the best man won. The conflict is over. There's no need for us to continue like this.'

It was true. Karl had been the perfect gentleman, bowing out with a grace Sean certainly wouldn't have shown were the positions reversed. Sean wasn't above a certain ruthlessness when it came to getting something he wanted, a trait that had served him well in his career, but not so much in his personal life. Too many times in the past, people tried to take what was his, and he'd learned early in life to fight for anything he wanted to keep.

However, Karl had a valid point. The war was indeed over, and Viggo had shown Sean nothing but immense love and devotion. Intrinsically he knew there really was no reason for him to worry.

But Karl was a raven-haired temptation that even he couldn't resist, especially now with the Kiwi practically between his legs. It wouldn't take much to make him lower his zipper and take Sean's slowly thickening cock into his mouth.

This man was like pure ice and fire. Even now, he possessed strength and integrity to come to a man who practically hated him.

In one way, he was very much like Sean. Karl didn't give away his heart easily, and when he did, it would last.

Sean still didn't speak, but Karl sensed a slight thawing in the attitude of cold indifference that was being slowly replaced by serious consideration.

Karl reached out, laid a warm, tanned hand on Sean's knee. The electric jolt that nearly rocked Sean out of the chair was making his case even more eloquently than his words. 'I don't think I deserve being kept away from two people I had hoped were still my friends, in spite of everything.'

It was irrational and Sean knew it, but Karl simply didn't understand - couldn't understand. Sean had never been in love with another man before. He didn't know the rules, if indeed there were any. He was just now slowly coming to terms with the strange landscape of his feelings, whereas Karl - if the stories that circulated around the set were true - had more than just passing experience with such relationships.

But he couldn't fault the man for lack of courage. The man was on bended knee - one alpha male to another - overcoming his own pride by throwing himself at Sean's mercy.

Sean knew if he sent Karl away, he'd regret it. Sooner or later he was going to have to learn to trust Viggo and moreover, trust himself.

He was many things, but a petty coward wasn't one of them.

Sean opened his mouth to speak. That same moment, both found themselves locked in a frozen stare at Viggo whose expression was unfathomable.

It was an awkward moment for Sean because he knew had the situation been reversed, he'd have lost it completely and would have been busy kicking Karl's ass.

Viggo merely smiled, more than slightly amused at the possibilities the unthinkingly erotic tableau presented.

'Well, Sean.. he's either here to rekindle our friendship, or to give you one hell of a blowjob.' He grinned that quirky lopsided grin, aimed right at Sean's heart and head, and suddenly it felt like radio waves of knowing and understanding had passed between them, like a quantum leap to a higher level of trust and belonging, and everything now made sense.

Viggo walked over to then with that casual swagger on his long legs that Karl couldn't take his eyes off of. 'Come on, Karl,' he said, reaching down and pulling the younger man to his feet. 'I think I can speak for Sean that things have gone on long enough. We were friends before and that's how it should be now.'

'I agree,' Karl replied, stealing a quick glance in Sean's direction, hoping for confirmation of Viggo's words. Sean nodded once, and that was enough. He didn't expect a hug and a kiss, though he wouldn't have minded either from the Brit.

Rein it in Urban, he told himself sternly. Sean didn't seem the type to be interested in him in that way.

Viggo's smile was warm and effusive and it reminded Karl just why he'd been in love with the Dane in the first place. It was indeed, like the sun - shining on everyone, bringing light to the darkness of his heart. If he could just be in Viggo's presence, even as a friend, he could live with that and still thrive.

'C'mon, let's have a few drinks and make a new start.' Both Sean and Karl agreed, feeling the pure magic of Viggo, healing the breach.



The evening went better than anyone had expected. The three men sat around the living room, drinking, trading war stories from the set and laughing. Later as Viggo disappeared into the kitchen to prepare dinner, Sean and Karl continued their new-found camaraderie while Sean refilled both of their glasses as they shared stories about their respective children.

Dinner was a relaxed, casual and rather sloppy affair with huge bowls of angel hair pasta slathered in a garlic shrimp alfredo sauce that was so decadently thick and creamy it practically clung to their forks.

'So much for watching the carbs,' Sean quipped as he tore into his portion with relish. 'How am I supposed to keep my girlish figure with you feeding me like this all the time?'

'You'd starve otherwise,' Viggo retorted, and Karl chuckled. He'd been certain a light-hearted exchange between them would have caused a small pang and was surprised that it didn't.

Then it was Sean's turn to create culinary magic with desert - a chocolate-cherry confection that tasted so incredible, Karl had to restrain the urge to kiss the man.



No one wanted to think about dishes or cleaning, as stuffed as they all were. Filled to the brim with great food and fine spirits, the night wrapped them in a tender embrace filled with friendship.

Sean, being the neat freak, was the first to break the spell as he began carrying plates into the kitchen. Karl was about to help him and reached for the empty wine glasses, but Viggo politely took them out of his hands.

'Leave it to us, Urban. You're a guest and we won't be long.'

Karl smiled and stretched out his long legs, eyes closed in contentment. Had he opened them for a split second, he wouldn't have missed the subtle flare of heat that shimmered in Viggo's chromatic eyes.

Breathing deeply, Viggo went into the kitchen where Sean was lightly rinsing the dishes and placing them into the dishwasher. Viggo put down the glasses he'd been holding and slid his arms around his lover's waist, embracing him from behind. 'I love you,' he whispered in Sean's ear, stirring a lock of blond hair. 'I'm proud of you.'

Sean turned around, and snaked his arms around Viggo's neck, pulling him into a gentle kiss that quickly deepened. They kissed passionately, as both silently reassured each other that they belonged together, wanting to prove it in many more ways.

Sean felt Karl's eyes on them before he broke the kiss and turned his head, Viggo mimicking his movement.

Tantalus had never known such exquisite torture, even in Hades. The kiss had been too much, a blatantly passionate reminder of what could never be. Karl was firmly rooted to the spot, unable to look away though the image seared his heart. What he wouldn't give to be in Sean's place.

He'd do anything to taste the paradise in Viggo's kiss.

The look on Karl's face sent a shockwave of guilty lust through Sean as he realized how much it aroused him to see the hurt in Karl's eyes - to see the man staring helplessly - longing and yearning and burning.

Karl carried the extra wineglass in his hand, his fingers clenching around it like a talisman - any harder and the fragile stemware would shatter and he'd bleed. The way his heart was bleeding now.

A wicked smile crossed Sean's face and he softly tugged at Viggo's hair, insisting upon another kiss, watching Karl out of the corner of his eyes. It was cruel and he knew it, but the power was singing through his veins.

'Sean?,' Viggo meekly resisted, a hint of reproach in his reply, but Sean knew the husky hot accent of lust. It was more than clear that Viggo was turned on as well, seeing Karl's expression.

He hadn't believed that one could die with unfilled desire; He believed it now.

Sean leant in further for the kiss, taking the lead, and with a small groan Viggo gave in, devouring him with his sensitive lips and tongue. Before he closed his eyes to savor his triumph, Sean saw Karl's gaze, a mixture of pain, rage and hunger. Ironically, Karl's pain merely sweetened the kiss and deepened the pleasure. His imagination went into frenzied overdrive, imagining Karl tied up and forced to watch the two of them fucking as lustful tears streamed down that rugged face.



Somehow Karl found the strength to move, turning away from the forbidden scene.

He stood alone in the living room, collecting his jumbled thoughts, breathing deeply as he tried in vain to restore the warm feelings he?d experienced earlier.

All he saw in his mind?s eye was Sean's assertion of dominance and Viggo's ready acceptance.

Sean Bean was a cruel bastard and he didn't need to be. Karl had accepted...
No, he hadn't accepted. He'd only been fooling himself.

He wanted what Sean had. He wanted Viggo. He wanted to be the man in Viggo's arms.

He had to leave.. now. He'd leave, go to a nearby pub and hopefully get smashed enough to where he'd pass out and wouldn't remember..


'Karl!'

Viggo's commanding voice held him in place as he was in the process of grabbing his coat. Karl paused in mid-reach and turned around slowly, his eyes hopefully masking his turbulent emotions.

'I don't need this bullshit, Viggo,' Karl said, thankful for his acting skills that kept his voice from breaking. Sean had stripped him of everything save pride, and he brought that to the fore. 'I don't need to be slapped in the face with Sean's lording it over me like that.'

Sean's green eyes raged and Karl's flared at the same time. The detente was over.

'I would have done anything for you Viggo. I would still do anything for you,' he said with an edge in his voice. 'I got on my knees for Sean. I'd do the same for you right now.'

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Viggo felt the stirrings deep in his vitals and his cock leaped at Karl's words. Karl was offering something he shouldn't want, but god he did. Karl was offering lips that screamed sin, eyes that spoke of untapped depths of desire and a body filled with primal power just waiting to be unleashed.

Even Sean, muscles clenched tight and green eyes filled with simmering anger couldn't resist Karl's potent sexual spell. Viggo saw it in the slight flare of his nostrils, the steely gaze of a hunter.

Anything.

Viggo locked eyes with Sean. The question, the desire was in his eyes, and Sean didn't need it spelled out. He was furious and he was on fire. He wanted Karl, wanted to see just how far the man would go for his love. He hadn't forgotten the image of him kneeling between his thighs, nor had his cock.

He nodded curtly, just once.

Viggo stepped in front of Karl, blocking any retreat.

'On your knees, Urban,' Viggo growled and Karl obeyed without the slightest hesitation. Viggo placed one hand in his dark hair.

Karl's eyes were a mirror reflecting his love and his willingness to prove himself worthy. There were no boundaries or conditions, and it hit Sean right between his gut and his heart. He was back to the place of his old nightmares and fears and for a moment, regretted his malicious little game.

Until Karl's own words, 'I got on my knees for Sean. I'd do the same for you,' reminded him of what he'd been curious to sample.

He planned to fuck Karl's face until the man saw stars.

'We're both going to use you,' Viggo said, matter-of-factly, wrapping strands of Karl's shining black hair around his fingers. Sean saw the shivers running through Karl's body at Viggo's touch, Viggo's closeness.

'Do you really want this.. do you want the both of us?'

Sean's breath hitched. Viggo had cuffed him, whipped him, used clamps on him, but he'd never seen such cruelty in Viggo's eyes, as when he caressed Karl's face with the utmost tenderness, making Karl believe he had a choice.

'Whatever you want.. ' Karl whispered hungrily, shaking with the force of his desire. 'Do with me whatever you want.'